• The Name “Spa” comes from the popular belief is that the name is an acronym favored by the Romans - the initials of “Salus Per Aquam” (in Latin, “Healing Through Water.”)
• Keep fresh drinking water available at all times and encourage them to drink regularly.
• Every place does spa treatments a little different.
• Most states do not allow Massage therapists to give facials, but we can put anything on the rest of the body.
• In some states massage therapists are not allowed to give manicures, facials or pedicures.
• Most spa treatments begin with exfoliating.
• Most Spa massage is light and designed to relax you.
Code of Ethics
Therapists will NOT:
• Claim that a body wrap provides permanent weight loss.
• Claim body wraps are a substitute for diet and exercise.
• Claim that body wraps alleviate pain or heal any condition.
• Perform the service without first obtaining a health history.
• Perform the service if medically contraindicated.
• Allow any client to perform exercises (while) wrapped.
• Make claims regarding profitability for new Business startups.